Friars Pride are a leading food distributor supplying fish and chip shops and fast food outlets.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our busy Peterborough office working as a Purchasing Assistant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an energetic, focused and successful business where you will be able to develop your existing skills and commercial understanding.
This vacancy would be ideal for a Graduate or Candidate looking to start their career.
Working days are full time Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:30.
The role of Purchasing Assistant at Friars Pride will involve but is not limited to the following tasks:
- General stock control
- Slow Moving/Non Moving stock reports & analysis
- Stock transfers between depots
- Returning stocks to suppliers
- Stock control for Basildon Depot during peak summer trading period
- Completing Purchasing / Supplier KPI service data
- Monitoring & logging ‘Out of Stock’ lines
- Running Reports for products by category and liaising with Buyers.
- Own Label Packing Administration – following up with Sales Managers, chasing Artwork, setting up of Codes, Transferring of Stock
- Maintaining Product Specifications & Allergyn database
- Providing support where required on Projects, Action Points and Transfers
- Holiday & Sickness cover for other Purchasing Assistants, Depot Managers and Buyers in ordering stock
- General office cover
- Administration, keeping Purchasing data up-to-date
- Setting up and maintaining Promotional Prices
- Assisting with Supplier and Customer pricing as instructed
Working in a small team you will also need high levels of personal motivation and resilience along with a personable and approachable personality that supports the site deliver on its objectives. Familiarity with and the ability to use MS office products such as Excel and Word to an intermediate level coupled with the ability to quickly learn bespoke internal software packages is also desirable,
- Purchasing experience preferred, but not essential
- Good literacy and numeration skills
- Attention to detail & analytical skills
- Target driven with the ability to multi task
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel & Data Management skills
In addition to your starting salary of £18,000 up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience, we also offer an attractive benefits package including pension scheme, holidays and life assurance scheme.